The Home Depot announced total sales for the first quarter ended May 5, 2019, increased 5.7% versus the same quarter a year ago to USD26.4 billion. Comps grew 2.5% overall and 3.0% in the U.S.
- Net earnings increased 4.5% to USD2.5 billion.
- Gross profit increased 4.6% to USD9.0 billion.
- Operating income increased 6.4% to USD3.6 billion.
- Average ticket increased 2.0% to USD67.31.
- Transactions increased by 3.8% compared to the same period a year ago.
- The retailer opened two net new stores in the quarter
The retailer also reaffirmed its Fiscal 2019 guidance:
- Sales are expected to increase by approximately 3.3%.
- Comps are expected to increase by approximately 5.0%.
- Earnings per share are expected to grow by approximately 3.1%
As of May 5, 201, The Home Depot operated 2,289 stores across the U.S., the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada, and Mexico.
Source: The Home Depot Press Release